Bat Kingdom: Where Have All The Bats Gone?


There used to be a time when the Bat Kingdom is Subic is an attraction to tourists.  Before Zoobic, Before Ocean Adventure, the attractions in Subic were shopping, dining, swimming, JEST and then the Bat Kingdom.  During the day, you would see hundreds of this flying mammals hanging upside down on trees in this part of Subic.


I remember taking my kid there on days just to see those unique creatures.  In the afternoon, its defnitely a sight to see as they circle the forest canopy.

It was a disappointing attraction to miss when we drove by this area today.  No cars parked, no souvenir and snack vendors, NO BATS.  What happened.  I would have wanted my two year old niece to see it but it was not there.

That part of me putting a blame on something quickly emerged and put a blame on human settlers.  I made the assumption that since the place is getting busy with buildings in surrounding areas being developed and people frequenting the area were probable reasons this flying attractions left the area.

On the other hand, there was this part of me that wish that this is a temporary thing.  They have simply moved some place else just to escape some temporary disturbance and would be back one of these days.  But there was also this part of me the believes that this wonderful creature is gone for good.  They have always been there before regardless of the weather.

Well, I hope that I am making a mistake here.  And I truly hope to see them 'hanging around'.

GreaterSubic.com - Official Website